A Tuition Free Public Charter School in Orange California
TLC Public Charter School
At TLC, we provide an engaging, interest-based learning environment where all students matter and each student is challenged and supported to reach high expectations for learning, growth, and development.
To Talk With an Enrollment Coordinator, Please Call 714-248-0108.
TK- 6th Enrollment Opening in December for 24-25 School Year!
We Are Diverse By Design
Leadership – Our goal is to shape and strengthen students through academics, curiosity, and SEL training, with leadership qualities that can steer them to their career of choice. We teach our students to lead with empathy, develop friendships, and be collaborative.
Equity – We are all human with different qualities. Our Goal is to teach students about the “real-world” outside the classroom walls. To acknowledge and accept that there is no standard of “normal” and to learn about the Natural Community.
Everyone – Every classroom has two assigned teachers, which allows all students to explore their creativity in our Arts & Music program, partake in interest-based assignments, and get the support they need in their academics.
Learn More About Our School
“We want our students when graduating from TLC to have an understanding of them selves as a learner, as someone with emotions, and understand what career they want to pursue.”
We Are A Safe and Nurturing Environment
Our school welcomes students of all learning levels, cultures, and backgrounds. With our bilingual staff, we make communication and collaboration with families a breeze. Naturally, we make all students, regardless of capability, feel comfortable and welcomed at our school.
Closing the Gap
At TLC, we’re dedicated to transforming futures by bridging gaps and equipping students with the skills they need to succeed.
- Impressive Growth: This year, our third-grade class achieved 122% and sixth-grade class achieved 173% annual typical growth in reading skills (I.Ready diagnostics).
- Significant Progress: Nearly 50% of these students started 2-3 grades below, but now many read at or just one grade below their expected level.
- EL Advancement: Over 7 English Language learners in each grade made 1-2 grade level improvements in reading by year-end.
- Kindergarten Success: Kindergarten classes saw 96% growth, a 20 point increase, with 70% finishing at or above grade level, equipped with strong foundational skills.
Building a Life for The Love Of Reading
Reading helps student’s creativity blossom, develops their imagination, and strengthens their writing skills. Our reading program is part of the day-to-day classroom. We use differentiated strategies to make sure every learner gets the support they need in the reading journey. Our ultimate goal is for our students to develop a passion for reading!
We Are Involved
TLC is identified as a California Community School, and an active partner in new research on inclusive education, social development, student voice, and diverse-by-design schooling.
- UCI-OCEAN Research Practice Partnership
- UCI Medical-CHOC
- Thompson Policy Institute, Chapman University
- CSU Fullerton
- UMass Boston